keys

From: Alberto Aguirre Jr (bluedoberman@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Feb 24 2006 - 18:11:11 EST

OK...about 2 weeks ago my Dakota got broken into and
my radio stolen. Its my fault for not taking off teh
face and not having gotten new alarm keyfobs for my
Alpine alarm. This lit a fire under my arse to
research online and find a place that sells the
keyfobs, so now my alarm is alive again. I also got a
new radio from a friend and while I was at it I
ordered some speakers from Crutchfield to replace my
blown factory ones.

My question concerns my key. The passenger side key
hole was mashed and shoved in. Now would it be easier
and/or cheaper to get a locksmith to replace the lock
and match it to the key, or should I get a new kel
with matching tumblers? The Dakota key is for both
doors, the ignition AND passenger airbag on/off
switch. I imagine replacing ALL of those to keep a
single key may be more $$ and work than matching a
tumbler to the existing key. Or is that not even possible?

.
.
| Date: July 15-23, 2006 - More info: http://meet.dakota-truck.net |