Re: RANT- Honda Ridgeline Truck of the Year

From: Andy Levy (andy.levy@gmail.com)
Date: Fri Feb 24 2006 - 22:16:57 EST

On 2/24/06, Aaron Wyse <awyse@sw.rr.com> wrote:

> In this country.. What a truck is rated for is often irrelavant. Can it do
> the job regardless of how far beyond the raings it is?? And when the need
> arises for the absurd need or favor of "Can you pull this or move this";
> How many domestic truck owners say things like "My truck is only a 1/2 T..
> I can't move that load".. We just plain .. Do it.

Depends on what circles you run in. Go to a campground or boat launch
sometime and check out how many guys are using 2500s to tow travel
trailers or boats that, on paper, a 1500 could handle.

Then there's the flip side, the idiots who think their 8500 pound
rating means they can buy a 7500 pound (dry) trailer, hitch it up,
toss in the wife, kids, 2 dogs, clothes, gas and food for a week, etc.
and be safe.

.
.
| Date: July 15-23, 2006 - More info: http://meet.dakota-truck.net |