Flooding out on a 98 Dakota

From: Jerry Lee (jerrylee2005@alltel.net)
Date: Mon Feb 27 2006 - 20:53:26 EST

I have a 98 Dakota Sport. 3.9L 5 spd Regular cab
I recently replaced the thermostat with a 180 Degree one. I had problems
after that and changed the water pump which cured the problem. Now it's
flooding to the point I can smell gas when it's started after sitting for a
few minutes. It will stall and finally start running good, after I get the
engine to rev a few times. Does anyone know what could cause this? It also
ocassionally stalls at stop signs/redlights. I simply restart and rev the
engine and it runs good for a while.
By the way, I'll reintroduce myself. I'm Jerry from Lavonia, GA. I'm
formally from Gainesville, GA I have a 98 Dakota Sport with 3.9l 5 spd.
regular cab with Lund soft tonneau cover and a Lund Backdraft rear spoiler.
Deep Amethyst is the color. Plus I just got married to a very wonderfull
lady from Anderson SC on Valentines day.
Thanks for the help
Jerry

.
.