Re: Dakota or Durango???

From: Andy Levy (andy.levy@gmail.com)
Date: Fri Mar 03 2006 - 08:37:43 EST

On 3/2/06, Mr. Plow <adam_is_mr_plow@hotmail.com> wrote:
> I would be going 4x4, 4.7 and all the rest of the standard gadgetry. Oh,
> and what i want to tow will not weigh more than 5000 pounds, including the
> trailer. And the trailer will have brakes on it as well. That 5000# is an
> absolute max, and would likely include camping gear that i would probably
> stow in the tow vehicle, rather than the trailer.

If you're maxing at 5000, then the QC Dak will probably be better than
a similarly-equipped Durango of the same vintage due to the longer
wheelbase. Just make sure you have a tranny cooler and 3.92s.

An '03 (Dak or Durango) will get you disc brakes out back, '02 was
still drums IIRC.

The Durango *can* be optioned for considerably higher towing
capacities than the Dak overall - slim pickings if you're in the used
market though. 360, 3.92s and the HD group and you're in the 7200
pound range there.

.
.
| Date: July 15-23, 2006 - More info: http://meet.dakota-truck.net |