Re: Dakota or Durango???

From: Mr. Plow (adam_is_mr_plow@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Mar 02 2006 - 23:37:56 EST

Well, it's only been 3.5 years Tom. lol
If i do get a Dak again, it will be a Quad Cab. The CC i had was nice
enough, but it was pretty rough with 2 friends in that back seat going for a
little 4-hour drive to get to our camping destination. hahaha

I think with the XJ i've gotten spoiled being able to keep all my gear
locked up and out of the elements. Jackie's father has a Gen I as it
happens, and has a cap on the back. She has laid down the law and there
will be no caps on any truck i buy from now on! lololol
I tease her and call her "anti-dad". Pretty much anything her dad has, she
doesn't like. lol

As for towing, isn't the Durango nearly equal to the task of a QC Dak?
And i'm thinking of the previous Gen. Durangos, not the current ugly
machine...

I would be going 4x4, 4.7 and all the rest of the standard gadgetry. Oh,
and what i want to tow will not weigh more than 5000 pounds, including the
trailer. And the trailer will have brakes on it as well. That 5000# is an
absolute max, and would likely include camping gear that i would probably
stow in the tow vehicle, rather than the trailer.

The Adam Blaster
Two words, figure it out.....

>From: Terrible Tom <SilverEightynine@aol.com>

>I've waited 4 long years for this moment....
>
>hehehe
>
>Mista Blasta! I recommend a Dakota for you my friend. If you are planning
>on selling or trading the XJ in for a Dakota - you would be better off with
>a Quad Cab. If you are thinking along lines of praticality - the Quad is
>the most versitile of the Dakota bodies. Ability to comfortably seat 4, and
>the ability to tow decent sized loads, and still have a bed that you can
>throw crap in, that you wouldn't want slopping up the nice interior of an
>SUV.
>
>I would like to remind you however, that you will be going back to our
>infamously offroad-inept independant front suspension.
>
>With that said... I forgot to post... Petersons just ran an issue - I think
>the one still on stands... the latest "whoops" edition... with a solid
>axle swapped Quadcab that looks SWEET.

.
.
| Date: July 15-23, 2006 - More info: http://meet.dakota-truck.net |