RE: OT: I'm moving

From: Ray Irons (rirons@doverde.net)
Date: Sat Mar 11 2006 - 10:43:09 EST

>If you're planning on taking I-80 through the Chicagoland area be prepared
>face some of the worst construction you can imagine. Fortunately you'll be
>coming from the east so it won't be as bad though. Be prepared for
*massive*
>delays and all sorts of shenanigans everywhere. I highly recommend
>travelling through the area during non-rush hour times. You're looking at
4
>hours or so from Dayton so if you get an early start that'll put you in the
>area about lunchtime so you shouldn't bad off. Just remember to watch your
>speed, they've got cops in orange construction vests pretending to work
just
>so they can catch speeders.
>
>When it gets closer to your trip date shoot me a message offlist and I'll
>give you the scoop on the construction in that area, I drive through there
at
>least 3 days a week.
>
>If you're interested I'd be willing to meet up for a beer or something
while
>you're in the area. There's a really good Buffalo Wild Wings just off of
>I-80 near me. Jason and Norah stamped it with their approval last time
they
>were through in December.

Wish I could but I just looked at my routing sheets and I don't think I'm
going to be close to Chicago. When I leave Dayton, I'll be on I 70 to I 65
toward Chicago. Then I hit I 465 to I 74 towards Peoria. I 74 becomes I 80
around Davenport and Moline, so the closest I'll get to Chicago is
Champaign, Bloomington, or Peoria. I appreciate the invite though.

The biggest cities I'll have to deal with are in between Baltimore and DC,
Columbus, Dayton, Indianapolis, Des Moines, Omaha, Cheyenne, Salt Lake City,
and Reno. Some of them aren't all that big either so I don't think it will
be too bad. I have no set time line other than what I want so I can drive as
far as I feel is safe and stop for the night. If I can stay at a military
installation that's fine if not then Holiday Inn will do nicely.

Ray Irons
Dover, DE (for now, but I'm California bound!)

.
.
| Date: July 15-23, 2006 - More info: http://meet.dakota-truck.net |