RE: OT: I'm moving

From: Josh Battles (josh.lists@omg-stfu.com)
Date: Fri Mar 10 2006 - 14:09:05 EST

On Fri, March 10, 2006 8:37 am, Ray Irons wrote:

> Thanks for the invite, but I already have my route planned. Since I'm
> retired USAF, I decided to try to save some money on lodging along the way
> by staying in temporary lodging facilities at military installations between
> Delaware and California. The route I chose takes me direct on Interstates 70
> and 80. The way I planned my route, the first days travel will be from
> Dover, DE to Dayton OH, a drive of approximately 570 miles. I can stay at
> Wright Patterson AFB. Next day will be a long one. The run from Dayton to
> Omaha NE is roughly 740 miles, where I can stay at Offutt AFB. Next a

If you're planning on taking I-80 through the Chicagoland area be prepared to
face some of the worst construction you can imagine. Fortunately you'll be
coming from the east so it won't be as bad though. Be prepared for *massive*
delays and all sorts of shenanigans everywhere. I highly recommend
travelling through the area during non-rush hour times. You're looking at 4
hours or so from Dayton so if you get an early start that'll put you in the
area about lunchtime so you shouldn't bad off. Just remember to watch your
speed, they've got cops in orange construction vests pretending to work just
so they can catch speeders.

When it gets closer to your trip date shoot me a message offlist and I'll
give you the scoop on the construction in that area, I drive through there at
least 3 days a week.

If you're interested I'd be willing to meet up for a beer or something while
you're in the area. There's a really good Buffalo Wild Wings just off of
I-80 near me. Jason and Norah stamped it with their approval last time they
were through in December.

--
- Josh
www.omg-stfu.com

This message has been brought to you by the American Kneejerk Coalition for Equality, Compassion, and the Restoration of Karmic Unity of Self And Other Silly Hippy Happy-Swell Gayness Bullshit, or AKCECRKUSAOSHHSGB for short.

. . .------------------------------------------------------------------. | Make your plans NOW to attend the National DML Meet in Colorado! | | Date: July 15-23, 2006 - More info: http://meet.dakota-truck.net | `------------------------------------------------------------------'