Re: smoked by a hyundai :(

From: msnbcnnbcbs@hotmail.com
Date: Sun Mar 12 2006 - 10:08:02 EST

Im actually kind of surprised i kept up with him as long as I did.

I had a superchips tuner, but i ended up ebaying it for some reason I cant
remember right now...it did end up making a difference though.

I had been having this conversation with a friend of mine for ages, on what to
do about the performance of the 3.9. We always come to 3 possible conclusions:

1. supercharge it as it is

2. take the 3.9 out and rebuild it from scratch, with a "performance oriented
implementation"

3. drop in a 360 crate

4. do all the little drop ins/bolt ons/mods everyone does.

option 3 i would think is the most expensive, and there are all sorts of
headaches id have to deal with. (42RE tranny cant handle the torque, engine is
heavier (need to replace front springs/shocks?), gas tank only 15 gals, can the
engine handle an a/c, total cost, downtime, ect)

as he eloquently puts it "its a V6, it doesnt matter how hard you push it, it
will always be a V6, and youll never have the power of a V8"

anyways. enough blabbing....

Luid

In article <002201c645d7$da4555a0$6501a8c0@Mopar>, kerib@ptd.net ("Tom Byrne")
writes:

> That's all a Tib runs? My DOHC Neon would run high 15's stock. It now runs
> about 15.4 with stock internals.

.
.
| Date: July 15-23, 2006 - More info: http://meet.dakota-truck.net |