Re: large tube in rear bumper

From: jldenning@earthlink.net
Date: Wed Mar 15 2006 - 00:17:05 EST

TT thanks. That's odd.

Maybe the wind gets caught in the body-molding scoop on the front of the QC
bed, and this bar damps the resulting vibration. .. Actually, I was thinking
thought it provides support so the flimsy bumper has some actual strength in
the center section, but if so why the rubber?

Seems its' not on any CC so I probably don't want it on my truck. What you
think?

_______________

In article <44179CEB.1010805@aol.com>, SilverEightynine@aol.com (Terrible Tom)
writes:

> jldenning@earthlink.net wrote:
> > The rear bumper on my bud's 2004 Dakota 4-door (w/ a towing package) has a
> > beefy tube running laterally between the frame rails. Thing appears to be
> > rubber mounted. His "04 club cab (yeah, he has 2 Daks, for now) and my "99
> > don't have the bar. All are 4x4. What is it?
> >
> > We're (probabaly) planning to put the bumper fromm the "04 4-door on my
'99.
> > Will it bolt straight on?
> >
> > Plus, I'm alternatively thinking of selling my "99 5.2L (no trialer
package)
> > and taking his 4.7L (w/ a trailer package, disc brakes). What yous think?
> >
> > Jef
>
> LOL
>
> hmmm - deja'vu!
>
> http://archives.dakota-truck.net/0303/0035.html
> http://archives.dakota-truck.net/0303/0044.html
> http://archives.dakota-truck.net/0303/0053.html
>

> The conversation seemed to conclude with the following:
>
> It was suspected to be a vibration dampener
> It seems to be only on late model Quad Cabs
> No one ever really figured out what it was for
>

> --
> Rocks are for skipping... I'm all about the mud
> 75 Honda CL360, 89 Dakota, 89 Dakota 4x4,
> 95 Dakota 4x4, 96 Neon, 01 Ram 4x4
> http://members.aol.com/silvereightynine/
> AIM & Yahoo: SilverEightynine
>
> .
> .
> | Make your plans NOW to attend the National DML Meet in Colorado! |
> | Date: July 15-23, 2006 - More info: http://meet.dakota-truck.net |

.
.
| Date: July 15-23, 2006 - More info: http://meet.dakota-truck.net |