Re: large tube in rear bumper

From: Andy Levy (andy.levy@gmail.com)
Date: Wed Mar 15 2006 - 08:18:10 EST

On 3/15/06, Terrible Tom <SilverEightynine@aol.com> wrote:

> jldenning@earthlink.net wrote:
> > TT thanks. That's odd.
> >
> > Maybe the wind gets caught in the body-molding scoop on the front of the QC
> > bed, and this bar damps the resulting vibration. .. Actually, I was thinking
> > thought it provides support so the flimsy bumper has some actual strength in
> > the center section, but if so why the rubber?
> >
> > Seems its' not on any CC so I probably don't want it on my truck. What you
> > think?
>

> Well... it's there for a reason - whatever that reason may be. I would
> leave it in place - unless you have a very specific need to remove it.

I saw the subject line and thought "wow! someone else who's
scratching his head!"

Then you went and replied ahead of me :)

I disagree that it's definitely there for a reason. Your appendix is
there, but for no functional reason at all. This tube might be
entirely useless, or it may be part of a "jig" for manufacturing or it
could well be for vibration damping but I'm still trying to figure out
what it'd really do, given its location, apparent weight, and only
being on QCs.

Do '05s have it?

.
.