Re: stickers = street racer

From: Alberto Aguirre Jr (bluedoberman@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Mar 15 2006 - 13:21:53 EST

but if they dont know what is or isnt legal, HOW do
they know what is or isnt a ticketable violation? Do
they just write tickets willynilly and hope some stick
in court?!? I do know about the "tell it to the
judge" thing though. Like having insurance but not
your card on you, thats basically a mute argument with
the officer, just go to court with your card proving
you were covered at time of "offense" and you should
be taken care of.

Alberto A
Houston TX

--- Andy Levy <andy.levy@gmail.com> wrote:

> It's not supposed to be the officer's job to "prove"
> you guilty at the
> scene - that's decided in court, for the reasons you
> & Ed cite - the
> officer doesn't and can't know what's legal, because
> that would
> require an encyclopedic knowledge of all vehicles.
>
> .
> .

> | Make your plans NOW to attend the National DML
> Meet in Colorado! |
> | Date: July 15-23, 2006 - More info:
> http://meet.dakota-truck.net |

.