Re: stickers = street racer

From: Andy Levy (andy.levy@gmail.com)
Date: Wed Mar 15 2006 - 13:34:29 EST

The discussion is more around what's "legal" in terms of
engine/vehicle mods. The average officer cannot be expected to know
whether every engine component is legal or not - it's simply not
possible. However, he can (apparently) say "this doesn't look right,
and there's no clear indication that it's emissions-approved, so I'll
write the ticket and require him to get inspected." Then at the
inspection the owner will get nailed if it's a violation.

At least that's how I read the situation. Too bad the video's gone now.

On 3/15/06, Alberto Aguirre Jr <bluedoberman@yahoo.com> wrote:

> but if they dont know what is or isnt legal, HOW do
> they know what is or isnt a ticketable violation? Do
> they just write tickets willynilly and hope some stick
> in court?!? I do know about the "tell it to the
> judge" thing though. Like having insurance but not
> your card on you, thats basically a mute argument with
> the officer, just go to court with your card proving
> you were covered at time of "offense" and you should
> be taken care of.
>
> Alberto A
> Houston TX
>
> --- Andy Levy <andy.levy@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > It's not supposed to be the officer's job to "prove"
> > you guilty at the
> > scene - that's decided in court, for the reasons you
> > & Ed cite - the
> > officer doesn't and can't know what's legal, because
> > that would
> > require an encyclopedic knowledge of all vehicles.
> >
> > .
> > .
> >
> .------------------------------------------------------------------.
> > | Make your plans NOW to attend the National DML
> > Meet in Colorado! |
> > | Date: July 15-23, 2006 - More info:
> > http://meet.dakota-truck.net |

> .
> .
> | Make your plans NOW to attend the National DML Meet in Colorado! |
> | Date: July 15-23, 2006 - More info: http://meet.dakota-truck.net |

.
.
| Date: July 15-23, 2006 - More info: http://meet.dakota-truck.net |