Re: stickers = street racer

From: Alberto Aguirre Jr (bluedoberman@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Mar 15 2006 - 14:15:47 EST

If anyone has the video upload to ripway or somewhere
so we can at least download it real quick.

I understand but does that mean you end up having to
pay for this ticket and then pay for the inspection.
If anything youll get inspected and if its acceptable
you then have to take the results to court with you.
Thats a lot of hassle and lost work hours cause some
peace officer felt like writing a ticket for something
he/she has no clue about.

Alberto A
Houston

--- Andy Levy <andy.levy@gmail.com> wrote:

> The discussion is more around what's "legal" in
> terms of
> engine/vehicle mods. The average officer cannot be
> expected to know
> whether every engine component is legal or not -
> it's simply not
> possible. However, he can (apparently) say "this
> doesn't look right,
> and there's no clear indication that it's
> emissions-approved, so I'll
> write the ticket and require him to get inspected."
> Then at the
> inspection the owner will get nailed if it's a
> violation.
>
> At least that's how I read the situation. Too bad
> the video's gone now.
>
> On 3/15/06, Alberto Aguirre Jr

.
.