Re: stickers = street racer

From: Miles D. Oliver (moliver@mmoliver.org)
Date: Thu Mar 16 2006 - 10:13:00 EST

  All the more reason to get a copy of the laws of your state and keep them
in your truck. I do.

  With my older street driven lifted truck I was pulled over more than
once. I was completely legal, to the letter of the law but for whatever
reason (probably personal but I can't say) I was pulled over and given a
height check. I have gotten into more than one discussion over 'officer
interpretation' on the side of the road over said laws too. They really
hate it when you are prepared to back up your side with fact with a copy
taken out of your glove compartment.

  I usually got off with warnings (I had to get SOMETHING for the trouble
of being pulled over...) but on one instance I was still given a ticket and
it was cleared after I 'fixed it'(by doing absolutely nothing..). I took
it to a substation to be checked and it was considered ok and 'fixed'.

  I still believe that I got the ticket because the officer wasn't about to
admit that the 'Dick-less Tracy' was in the wrong. She struck me as having
that "anti-man" attitude with everything to prove so it didn't help having
me want to discuss the written law with her, in print and she didn't want
to hear it. I just got the 'take it up in court' crap. She was the only
one too that asked to search my truck when she pulled me over. Probably
because I was questioning her authority. I was polite,respectful, and gave
her no reason except for questioning her judgement over the stop.

  I want to have respect for the officers as the job they do can be
dangerous and thankless at times but with any group there are Jerks. I
have good friends who are officers in another state and my father was even
a Virginia State Trooper back in the 50s.

--
  Miles D. Oliver
  www.mmoliver.org

. . .------------------------------------------------------------------. | Make your plans NOW to attend the National DML Meet in Colorado! | | Date: July 15-23, 2006 - More info: http://meet.dakota-truck.net | `------------------------------------------------------------------'