Re: stickers = street racer

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@aol.com)
Date: Wed Mar 15 2006 - 22:53:15 EST

Alberto Aguirre Jr wrote:
> ALOT of cars are coming out like that from
> factory...thats just it those are FACTORY. How would
> an officer of the peace know what came factory and
> what didnt? Unless he/she is a hardcore auto
> enthusiast, which I doubt. My odds, I'd get one of
> those.
>
> AA

I was nailed about 3 years ago for speeding in Wisconsin on the way up
to look at houses (before I moved outta Chicago).

The Explorer had the lighted emblems that glow blue. (they both fell off
and I am going to replace them eventually)

Cop told me to turn them off - that I could not have any blue lights on
the truck at all. I played stupid and said they turn on and off with
the headlights and park lights - that I couldn't turn them off seperatly
- that it was like that when we bought the truck. (obviously it was
night time when I was pulled over hehe)

He said well you can't have them on, you need to have someone look into
that - and then promptly wrot eme up for speeding.

As we all know - the individual officer involved has a lot to do with
the outcome of a violation. And where you live has an even bigger outcome.

It was a state cop that pulled me over , with Illinois plates at the
time, and on family experiance, Wisconsin cops - both local and state -
tend to pull over more out of state (read F.I.B's) than in-state plated
cars.

I've gotten away with lots of stuff in the past that if I had out of
state plates, would have landed me hefty fines.

As for the legality of mods... I agree with what others have aid
already. For cops to start ticketing on the basis of what looks legal
to them and what doesn't - is BS. If they suspect something - they
should be able to write up an inspection order or something - have your
car inspected by such and such a date or face a fine.

They have fix-it tickets here in Wisc, where if you have a bulb out or a
lense broken etc - you have so many days to have it fixed or face a
fine. Luckily where I am we have no smog and no safety inspections heh.

I won't be able to drive *any* of my trucks on the road, if they ever
start doing that here :-)

Rocks are for skipping... I'm all about the mud
75 Honda CL360, 89 Dakota, 89 Dakota 4x4,
95 Dakota 4x4, 96 Neon, 01 Ram 4x4
AIM & Yahoo: SilverEightynine

. . .------------------------------------------------------------------. | Make your plans NOW to attend the National DML Meet in Colorado! | | Date: July 15-23, 2006 - More info: http://meet.dakota-truck.net | `------------------------------------------------------------------'