Re: biggest wheels lowest drop

From: Andy Levy (andy.levy@gmail.com)
Date: Fri Mar 17 2006 - 12:35:30 EST

On 3/17/06, Alberto Aguirre Jr <bluedoberman@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I have some friends that own a rim shop. I was
> drooling over those enormous rims they carry, but then
> glanced over at the Dak and said "they just might not
> fit". I went over all the pics I have stored of other
> peoples Dakotas for inspiration for my own, and
> noticed not a one (at least of the ones I have) has
> large wheels. Most are the RT wheels or some other
> wheels in that size and dropped maybe 2/4 or 3/5.
>
> Has anyone seen a Dakota with 20" wheels or
> bigger and was that able to of been lowered or with
> stock suspension. I dont want to lower and not be
> able to do large wheels, but if I CANT do large
> wheels, then I wanna lowere more than the modest drop
> I was thinking.

Generally the folks going to huge rims tend to drop as well. Whether
it's required or not is another matter. The size restriction is more
with width than diameter - just have to go to a very low profile when
you go big.

I don't think you could go bigger than 20" on a Dak w/o major work.
And you'd get a bone-jarring ride.

Lowest drop? I think Chris Carton (Cruznlo - http://www.cruznlo.com/)
lays frame w/ his GenII + air suspension.

.
.
| Date: July 15-23, 2006 - More info: http://meet.dakota-truck.net |