Re: rick dave jon freon loss

From: david.clement@verizon.net
Date: Wed Mar 29 2006 - 13:11:09 EST

Pretty sure it's an o-ring under there. You will need to get one that is
compatable with the compressor oil so no hardware store peices.

Dave Clement
99 SLT+ CC 4x4

In article <4428B6A8.7050307@optonline.net>, bocd@optonline.net (Bob Nichols)
writes:

> Hey guys,
>
> I finally got around to checking the dak with the black light....30"
> bulb and fixture in home depot for 16.00.
>
> Yellow....all around the top of the compressor and the intake
> manifold.....looks like it's coming from the block that bolts to the top of
the compressor....only one bolt holds that bugger on....

> Anyone know what type of seal is under there....gasket or oring? Or a
> special molded seal?i'm gona call the dealer tomorrow...
>
> Thanks for the help guys
>
> Bob
>
> david.clement@verizon.net wrote:
>

> >>The dye glows when exposed to a black light. If you had to charge the
system 3
> >>times to keep it working I can't imagine that there would be no signs of
the
> >>dye if you were to examine everything with a black light. If there isn't
it's
> >>likely a leak in the evaporator inside the truck.
> >>
> >>At three bucks a can the leak would have to be a lot worse that what you
are
> >>experiencing for me to tear into the dash to repair it.
> >>

> .
> .
> | Make your plans NOW to attend the National DML Meet in Colorado! |
> | Date: July 15-23, 2006 - More info: http://meet.dakota-truck.net |

.
.
| Date: July 15-23, 2006 - More info: http://meet.dakota-truck.net |