RE: RE: Tire Chains

From: Kevin S (kevin14@surewest.net)
Date: Sun Apr 02 2006 - 16:42:07 EDT

I run square stock chains on the rear of my '99 with 31x10.5x15's with no
clearance problems. Admittedly, I don't spin them with the tires fully stuffed,
but I would not want my tires spinning that fast if they were stuffed anyway.
 They are a little close on the front when the wheels are slightly turned,
but I don't usually need chains on all four.

I mail-ordered from www.tirechain.com, and have been very happy with their
service and my chains.

I like the square-stock chains. They run slightly smoother and grab better
than twisted links. The only thing better are studded chains, which I only
work better on ice. We run square-stock chains on buses when they need them
(nothing better than installing chains on 11R22.5 tires in a blizzard with
a fully loaded school bus).

Kevin

Kevin Sellstrom, W6KTB E-Mail:ksellstr@softcom.net
***Elk Grove, California***