Re: How many others with the 4.7 at 92,000 had to...

From: Jay & Dana (jay&dana@telus.net)
Date: Mon Apr 03 2006 - 18:39:19 EDT

Hey Daksy,

> Ya might wanna take a peek at em...I changed out the DAKSY's rears about 6
> weeks ago & while I still had plenty of shoe material left, the drums were
> worn about 1/8 " deep. I hadda collapse the shoes COMPLETELY to remove the
> drums...that was at about 116K, tho...Replaced the shoes & drums from NAPA
> for about $120...
>

> Bob Smith (DAKSY2K on AIM)

What is this "completely collapsing" the shoes to remove the drums you speak
of ? How do you do this? I just did my winter/ summer tire change over
and I always remove the drums to take a peek to see what's going on inside
but this time I had a heck of a time remove the drums, and an even harder
time reinstalling them. Thanks for any advice.

-Jay

.
.
| Date: July 15-23, 2006 - More info: http://meet.dakota-truck.net |