Re: Catch can help.

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Mon Apr 10 2006 - 07:45:49 EDT

At 02:17 AM 4/10/06, you wrote:
>I see Summit sells over flow bottles starting at $12.95. Would one of these
>do the job ...

>From what I've read, some of the bottles in Summit or Jegs are
only collection bottles (that simply have a drain at the bottom)
and don't have a siphon tube to allow any expelled coolant to be
'pulled' back into the radiator.

If you've got some speed shops (for imports would be better) near you,
drop in, take a look and/or speak to their salesperson.

I replaced mine on my 97 so that I could run an air duct from my air cleaner
to the driver's side of the rad (racing purposes). I used one from an 86 Mazda
pickup. It was small enough that I could put it on the pass. side of the rad and
not interfere with the air duct on that side. Just make sure that there's room
to mount it. HTH.

Bob Tom Ontario, Canada
97 Dakota CC Sport, na modded 5.2L, 4x2, 44RE w transgo, 4.56 SG,
     3000 stall converter, 4175 lb race weight, 13.76 @ 99.65

.
.
| Date: July 15-23, 2006 - More info: http://meet.dakota-truck.net |