Re: foxwoods

From: Walt@Walt-n-Ingrid.Com
Date: Thu Apr 13 2006 - 07:52:58 EDT

Yea, originally I had no intention of going that route but the more of those I
see, the more I like the idea. I've been looking over Justin's photos and have
found a few things I may have done different including a few things he changed
afterwards that I was thinking about when I first looked at his (like moving
the upper shock mounts). I don't know if you saw any of his photos but I would
have expected that truck to flex a lot better than it does. I've seen Jeeps
with the Clayton suspension (with shorter links) that flexed far more than I've
seen in any of his photos. Something seems off in the geometry, but I haven't
been able to put my finger right on it yet. He still has a pretty neat little
trail rig there though.

I was just looking at some photos on Otter's page yesterday of the Toyota he
did and there were a few things that he did different that really stood out in
my mind.

Walt

In article <FDC6CB44-25C4-4A32-8451-779581AFE702@tepidcola.com>,
dml@tepidcola.com (Michael Maskalans) writes:

> just do a cleaner job than the guy in WI did, k? =)
>

> On Apr 12, 2006, at 15:57, Walt@Walt-n-Ingrid.Com wrote:
>

> > You're Bee would probably be parked next to my Ram (which is
> > looking like it'll
> > be going to CO as well). My Dakota is in pieces and won't be put
> > back together
> > anytime soon. It's sitting on jack-stands with no suspension and
> > the more I
> > look at it, the more I want to take the bed off and take a sawzall
> > the the rear
> > half of the frame.
> >
> > Walt
> >
> > In article <E1FTgDs-0004LK-9v@inetsrv8.gahost.com>,
> > Dakota@dakotaskustoms.com
> > ("Dakota Dodge") writes:
> >>

> >> Id be interested to do that as well ... as long as you allow my
> >> Ram to
> >> join... be a while since ive seen a bunch of you guys.
> >>
> >> -Dakota
> >> DakotasKustoms.com
> > .
> > .
> > .------------------------------------------------------------------.
> > | Make your plans NOW to attend the National DML Meet in Colorado! |
> > | Date: July 15-23, 2006 - More info: http://meet.dakota-truck.net |
> > `------------------------------------------------------------------'
> >

> --
> +-- Mike Maskalans ---------------- Rochester, NY ----------+
> | '98 Dakota CC, SAS on 40s '84 RamCharger 4x4, plow truck |
> | '02 Jetta TDI 5sp, daily '97 Intrepid, not on the road |
> +-------------------- <http://mike.tepidcola.com/trucks/> --+
>
> .
> .
> | Make your plans NOW to attend the National DML Meet in Colorado! |
> | Date: July 15-23, 2006 - More info: http://meet.dakota-truck.net |

.
.
| Date: July 15-23, 2006 - More info: http://meet.dakota-truck.net |