RE: P0551

From: Rick Barnes (rascal@scrtc.com)
Date: Thu Apr 13 2006 - 20:21:10 EDT

Where the heck is that switch?

Rascal

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-dakota-truck@bent.twistedbits.net
[mailto:owner-dakota-truck@bent.twistedbits.net] On Behalf Of Bill Pitz
Sent: Thursday, April 13, 2006 3:22 PM
To: dakota-truck-moderator@bent.twistedbits.net
Subject: Re: DML: P0551

Michael Maskalans wrote:
> I don't know where you need to start but get it taken care of ASAP. a
> guy in my 4x4 club had that switch fail, his PS pump pumped fluid back
> through the switch into the entire engine bay wiring harness.
> contaminated every single connector with PS fluid.

That didn't sound like a fun proposition, so I decided to start with the
switch itself. The local stealer had it in stock for 20 bucks, so I
went down and picked one up. On the way back home, the light came on
again (cleared it earlier in the day). I replaced the switch when I got
  home and cleared the code again. I've gone about 50 miles now with
the switch replaced. No leaks, no lost fluid, and no MIL (so far).
Hopefully that remains the case and the switch was just going bad.

-Bill
.
.
| Date: July 15-23, 2006 - More info: http://meet.dakota-truck.net |