RE: Colorado off-roading

From: Mr. Plow (adam_is_mr_plow@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri May 05 2006 - 14:58:34 EDT

Ok, this will be my first real complaint about getting married....
I'm not going to be able to afford to complete my buggy by this summer due
to the necessity of saving up for the wedding expenses.... ughhhh.....

So the plan is as of now, Jackie and I will end up taking her miraculously
fuel-efficient Sunfire...
Sorry, i just threw up in my mouth a little....
Anyways, we'll take her car down there loaded with our camping gear and
therefore i will not be able to do any serious off-roading. I don't think
the Sunfire could handle my driving style...

Now, light at the end of the tunnel:
Are there are car rental places that i could rent a Jeep from in the area?
I'll get the extra insurance, and if i break it, i won't care. lololol

The Adam Blaster
Two words, figure it out.....

>Just looking through some of the Colorado maps trying to get some ideas
>where
>we want to go do some off-roading in July.
>
>Is anyone out there interested in hitting some of the hard-core trails?
>Adam?
> Mike? I know Walt is out, not sure about Tom. Any other crazy people
>out
>there, or are we all planning on taking it easy so we don't break anything
>that far from home?
>
>Just wondering if I should even bother looking at the more difficult trails
>or
>ignore them completely. There are a few spots where we can all go as a
>group
>and the big trucks can take off for a side trip that meets back up with the
>rest of the group, which would be pretty cool if there's any interest.
>
>Specifically I've been looking at Red Cone
>(http://www.mhjcontherocks.com/Community/Trips/307.aspx and
>http://hobojeepers.tripod.com/RCtoGeorgia01.htm). From what I've found,
>the
>Webster Pass trail isn't as bad as Red Cone, so those of us with stock
>vehicles could take that and meet back up with the others. I'd probably
>try
>Red Cone in my '95, but I don't trust that truck in front of the RV trailer
>and don't have any way to get it out there. If anyone is bringing a truck
>they're willing to take over this trail, I'm want to ride along and take
>pictures. That descent looks awesome. I remember being on some descents
>in
>my dad's Jeep where I felt like I was standing on the firewall, it's always
>an
>interesting feeling.
>
>--
>Jason Bleazard