Re: How to bring a Jeep back from Colorado?

From: Walt@Walt-n-Ingrid.Com
Date: Wed May 17 2006 - 07:32:01 EDT

David brought up a good point, if any of the wheels are touching the ground,
technically you'll have to have a plate on it, to flat tow it. Since the desire
is to haul it 2/3rds the way across country, it probably would be a necessity.
Perhaps CO offers temporary interstate transport plates which would allow it to
be flat towed. I know some states do. Don't know about insurance, but I would
guess there probably would be some requirements there as well. Definitely needs
to be kept in mind if it is flat towed.

Walt

In article <000801c67961$50261720$1d02a8c0@HENRY>, DML@HenryWeb.net ("David
Henry") writes:

> The big question to figure out is, what are the
> licencing / insurance requirements for each of the states that it'd be
> pulled through? As long as there's a plate for the vehicle (preferably
> something historic, it'd probably be fine once your out of the state that
> issued the plate :)
.
.
| Date: July 15-23, 2006 - More info: http://meet.dakota-truck.net |