Timing Question

From: ttroidl@bluefrog.com
Date: Thu May 18 2006 - 00:09:49 EDT

  I have a dumb question.

Exactly how much of the ignition timing is controlled by the PCM?

  I mean, on my '97 2.5l would it help or make any dif to adjust the
Distributor OR more to the point COULD it be messed up IF it's set
wrong?

It's just running as if the timing is retarded too much...

Engine light has not come on, nor have I had it checked for this, it
just seems off.

Thanks much!

Tony.

This message was sent using BlueFrog's Webmail System
http://www.bluefrog.com

.
.
| Date: July 15-23, 2006 - More info: http://meet.dakota-truck.net |