Re: Thought it wwas my tires making the noise...figured wrong

From: DAKSY (rsmith13@nycap.rr.com)
Date: Fri May 19 2006 - 20:11:22 EDT

He, Digger

<snip> $500 - $575 to replace Diff bearings
 $800 - $900 to do ring & pinion & bearings..
  anyone else have this done yet on your Dakota.I've got
 93,500 here<snip>

Had the pinion bearing done in the DAKSY at about 112K...cost me around $600
at a local indy...
Seems like your guy is right in the ballpark with his estimate...Don't know
about your neck of the wwods,
but here in NY, all repair shops have to use a state approved book for
estimating jobs by the hour...

Bob Smith (DAKSY2K on AIM)
2K DAK SY Sport + V6 4X4 5Speed
2K05 HD 883C YP