Re: Front mount hitch

From: Miles D. Oliver (moliver@mmoliver.org)
Date: Mon May 29 2006 - 21:40:38 EDT

  I have the hidden hitch front mount receiver on my 2002 QC 4x4.

  I use it to put the trailer beside my shop because I can't back up a
trailer worth a SHI*.

  Hooking up in the front I can put move the trailer down the driveway and
within 4 inches of the side of the shop in 5 minutes. It takes less time to
move the trailer from the back to the front of the truck than trying to
back the trailer down the hill. The best $150 I've spent in a long time.

It does affect the approach angle, and it also interferes a little with
removing the oil filter cover on my 4.7 motor.

  I don't take my truck on trails harder than fire roads so the clearance
issues and approach angles aren't a problem. It does make a decent tow
hook point. I had a piece of 2x2x1/4 box tube and some 3/8 plate and
welded them together to make a skid to help slide me up and over stuff and
to not grind the receiver point into the ground. I Generally try to avoid
spots that make me use it.

--
  Miles D. Oliver
  www.mmoliver.org