Re: Bedliner Or Rubberized Undercoating?

From: Mallett, Donald B (Donald.Mallett@BNSF.com)
Date: Fri Jun 02 2006 - 05:22:41 EDT

Date: Thu, 01 Jun 2006 20:28:34 -0500
From: Barry Oliver <barrysuperhawk@insightbb.com>
Subject: Re: DML: Bedliner Or Rubberized Undercoating?

Terrible Tom wrote:

> Hey gang, I'm pondering using something to protect the frame from the
> elements. I'm thinking of Duplicolor or herculiner - or I've looked at
> 3M's rubberized undercoating (spray can).
>
> I've been wondering of the results that people who have used these kinds
> of products have seen? Thoughts? Comments? Opinions?

Neither will add any significant buoyancy....

Sorry, I couldn't resist. I have used the Duplicolor on other items,
and have been extremely impressed with it's performance. It takes
forever and 3 days to dry, but once it cures, it's rock solid, very
comparable to my permatech bedliner. It also seems to take extra coats
very well - you don't get much of a layer effect, the new layer seems to
"melt in" to the existing layer if done within 24 hours. [while it's
still soft.]
Just be prepared to use the whole can or clean the heck out of the
nozzel [ Acetone IIRC] afterwards.

.

I've used the rubber under coat in a spray can and found it not to last. I've use the Duplicolor bed liner in the spray can. Found it to hold up well! Used it on tail light guards, bumpers and other odd items. Its at close to $8 a spray can around here. Use it wisely. But it does dry fairly quickly.

- --
Don Mallett
Y2K QC 4.7L Auto SLT+ 4x2
http://www.y2kota.us