Re: trailer wiring/reverse lights

From: Craig Faison (cfaison@magpage.com)
Date: Mon Jun 05 2006 - 13:06:02 EDT

On Mon, 5 Jun 2006, Don wrote:

> Try removing the trailer light kit and see if all the stock lights
> works.

The obvious first step, but I haven't had the time to do it. Got any spare
time you could loan me? ;-)

> If so check the wiring kit. Re install the light kit, recheck
> your work and try the lights.

There's no work to recheck... it's a "plug in" kit.

It seems pretty likely that there's a problem with the kit design, since
it's happening to a bunch of people, I'm just wondering if someone has
figured out the "quick fix" yet.

I could always get a traditional plug and wire it in as I've done forever,
but this "plug in" kit was supposed to make it easier. Go figure.

Craig

.
.
| Date: July 15-23, 2006 - More info: http://meet.dakota-truck.net |