RE: Code 21 Help

From: A. S. (adakota4x4@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Jun 07 2006 - 16:48:28 EDT

Biff,

When the light first appeared, I checked the codes and got 12, 21, 55. I
pretty much ignored the 12 since I knew what it stood for. But now that you
mention it, I don't think I've had the battery disconnected recently (at
least not within 50 key cycles). So, I don't have a good reason for the 12
to have appeared the first time.

However, I did remove the negative battery cable to clear the codes in an
attempt to see if the light would come on again and how long it took. So, I
guess now the 12 should be there.

I'm puzzled as to why the light comes off and on while driving down the road
too. I've owned more than one dak too and have not seen this in the past.

My plan as of now is to replace at least the upstream o2 sensor (I'll
probably end up doing both) and see what happens. If that doesn't fix it,
maybe I've got a short somewhere like you said.

I'll let you know what happens. If you think of anything else, let me know.

Thanks agian.
--Aaron--