OT: flash to pass switch

From: Ray Irons (rayirons@sbcglobal.net)
Date: Sat Jun 10 2006 - 12:08:44 EDT

Okay all your electrical geniuses.... I have a project
for you to figure out. I have a 97 Suzuki motorcycle
and I want to hook up a push button type switch as a
flash to pass deal. My bike has the normal rocker type
switch for high to low beam. I've looked at newer
models of my bike and they have this type switch
installed at the factory as standard equipment. What I
want to know is what type of switch can I use (I know
it needs to be a momentary push button) but anybody
got a guess at what amp rating? How about which wire
might I need to tap into? For those that don't ride
motorcycles, the hi/low beam rocker switch is located
on the left side control cluster. That houses the
hi/low beam switch, turn signal switch and the horn
button. Where I want to put my switch is on the top of
this control cluster so it is accessible by just
moving my fingertip to hit it.

I want to do this for safety reasons. If while riding
with the low beam on and a car starts to pull out from
a side street, I can hit that button a few time to
rapidly flash the headlight to get their attention
that I am in their line of travel. Too many drivers
claim they didn't see the person on the bike after an
accident. A flashing light tends to get someones
attention rather quickly.

So come on you electrical wizards and gurus.... don't
let me down. A parts list, wiring schematic would be
nice, but I'll settle for an idea on the size switch
and which wire to tap and where.

Thanks,

Ray Irons
Quincy, CA

98 Dak Sport (not being driven much, gas prices and
great weather)

97 Suzuki Bandit 1200 S (Waaaaaaaaaaaayyyy too much
fun for one person!)

.
.
| Date: July 15-23, 2006 - More info: http://meet.dakota-truck.net |