Re: towing a dakota--need help ASAP

From: Olznut@aol.com
Date: Wed Jun 14 2006 - 23:56:56 EDT

In a message dated 6/14/2006 8:51:59 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
SilverEightynine@aol.com writes:

Bad Part: you will loose transmission fluid due to the slip yolk set up
on the transmission tail housing. You can just tape it up or whatever,
to prevent fluid loss... but you will loose some fluid dropping the
shaft. Have a drain pan ready.

Just get a bungee or strap or something and tie it up, remove the rear only
and tape the u-joint so to not lose the bearing caps. That's how we did it all
 the time when towing larger vehicles. Stay with the car trailer, you'll have
 brakes (how good is a question) but somewhat of a stopping device...... And
take things Tom says with a grain of salt, we've seen and heard how he
"fixes" things........ :P

Ed "Olznut" Halterman '06 Ram Patriot Blue Quad Cab Big Horn 610 lb/ft Of
Cummins Turbo Diesel Torque!! "Big Blue" '66 Olds F-85 330 V-8, Intense Blue
"Project Olds" Will Be Finished Soon.......

.
.
| Date: July 15-23, 2006 - More info: http://meet.dakota-truck.net |