Re: Gettin close to Road Trip Time!

From: Ray Irons (rayirons@sbcglobal.net)
Date: Thu Jun 22 2006 - 11:38:48 EDT

--- Andy Levy <andy.levy@gmail.com> wrote (in part):

> We had to pick one vacation, and
> took Rehoboth
> Beach, DE in August.

Oh you poor bastard. You have my undying sympathies.
To where can we send flowers and cards? Please keep in
mind that I just left Delaware (or as I like to refer
to it now as Del-a-where?) and I KNOW what August is
like in that area. Dover was only about 35-40 miles
from Rehoboth Beach. Some of those areas are pretty
nice but the heat and humidity sucks. Seriously
though, you'll have a good time. Ocean City MD is
about 30-40 miles south of Rehoboth and lots of good
places for eating and sightseeing. While you're there,
check out Cape Henlopen State Park. They have some old
WWII coast line observation towers that are open to
the public. You can walk up in them and look out over
the bay and the view is nice. Its not too far from
there to the Cape May/Lewes ferry. I forget what the
cost is, but the ferry runs from Lewes Delaware, just
north of Cape Henlopen to Cape May NJ. As long as you
stay close to the water, it should be nice enough.
You're gonna have to let me know how your vacation was
after you get back.

Have fun,

Ray Irons
Quincy, CA

98 Dakota Sport
97 Suzuki Bandit 1200 S

Some risk is necessary in life. Without risk, the new
world wouldn't have been discovered, man wouldn't have
landed on the moon and we wouldn't ride motorcycles.

.
.
| Date: July 15-23, 2006 - More info: http://meet.dakota-truck.net |