[National DML Meet] 3 weeks 2 go!!!!!!

From: jwardx (jwardx@comcast.net)
Date: Fri Jun 23 2006 - 18:40:59 EDT

   =20 [http://dmlmeet.blogspot.com/]
   Since folks are readily posting their plans, thought I'd chime = in
   with a local happenings report....
   1. Weather - so far, the = summer here is running maybe a month ahead
   of usual weather wise. June has= been unusally hot, hovering in the
   mid 90's most of the month. Things bro= ke over the past few days back
   to seasonal - mid 80's most days with low 50= 's overnight. Will be a
   bit cooler @ Lone Duck if patterns hold. Spotty t= hunderstorms
   possible most everyday from 3-7. Very localized if they do ha= ppen,
   so chances of us getting wet at camp not too high. Be very cautious =
   of lightning though! Mornings are almost always clear - clouds move
   over t= he mtns. mid-day & then develop into some rain later in the
   afternoons. Fa= irly typical.
   2. The maybe disappointing news: The Western US = is tinder-box dry &
   fire danger is high. There are a couple of fairly larg= e forest fires
   in progress out here. So, Gov. Owens posted a state-wide fi= re ban
   earlier this week, meaning NO campfires, NO fireworks, etc. Click o= n
   this link for details:
   http://www.colorado.gov/governor/press/june06/fir= eban.html
   Sorry if I'm coming across as a downer, but thought everyone= should
   know the facts. If you want to check the local media on the fires:=
   rockymountainnews.com, 9news.com & kktv.com
   Everyone travel sa= fe!
   --
   Posted by jwardx to <= a
   href=3D"http://dmlmeet.blogspot.com/2006/06/3-weeks-2-go.html">Nationa