Re: EFI for the older cras

From: Walt@Walt-n-Ingrid.Com
Date: Mon Jun 26 2006 - 17:15:58 EDT

I agree, it's a bit pricey but your right, I don't want to have to fuss with
it. The plan is to freshen up the motor also with new heads and cam so
everything will be a good match. That's been one of the problems I've had with
the car all the while. I think I just have a bad combination of Cam, Intake,
Carb and Heads. For the amount of money into that motor, the car should be at
least a full second faster in the 1/4 and have far better 60' times. Best 60'
was 2.8 but ran through the traps at 12.9 @ 108 just as I was hitting 4th. I
think the cam is a little too tall and the carb/intake combo sucks. It really
lags out of the hole but seriously wakes up after I get the rpms back up and
hit second. It just doesn't take that initial launch well.

Walt

In article <e7pg3l$pii$2@bent.twistedbits.net>, jon@dakota-truck.net writes:

> It looks cool, a bit spendy for my blood though! :-( I'm
> expecting to be able to purchase a (used) engine, trans, the EFI
> system and all the stuff I need to make it work for less than the
> cost of their kit alone! Granted, it does look like that kit includes
> just about everything you'd need and there is something to be said
> for not having to be a guinea pig, chase parts, and spend a lot of
> time on the swap...
.
.
| Date: July 15-23, 2006 - More info: http://meet.dakota-truck.net |