Re: EFI for the older cras

From: Eric Hufstedler (mopar@ehuffy.com)
Date: Thu Jun 29 2006 - 10:07:06 EDT

> Eric Hufstedler <mopar@ehuffy.com> wrote:
>
> : Someone asked me to post when Mopar Action had an article on EFI
> : for the older cars.
>
> : The Oct 2006 has some more information.
>
> : Unfortunately (for me anyway) it's about how to put a magnum engine
> : in with EFI. Since I just had my LA engine rebuilt, I really
> : wanted a retrofit article.

> I figured that's probably what they were going to do. Oh well.

> I am still leaning towards the MegaSquirt route.

Which manifold and injectors are you going with? I actually write
firmware as one of my jobs at work, so it would be cool to use
megasquirt and be able to tweak the program, though I imagine those
guys have it all figured out already.

> The whole article just sort've gave off a weird vibe -
> hard to describe.

Yep.

> Of course, it doesn't help that
> its done in the standard "read two sentences on this page, story
> continued in the middle of the magazine, read another paragraph,
> story continued further back, etc." Its really annoying - and
> one of my pet peeves. :-)

Whenever I've emailed them with tech questions, I get answers
back. When I emailed them and told them their practice of
scattering each article all over the magazine was annoying, I got no
response. I really hate it, because I rip out the tech articles to
file them away.

Eric

.
.