[National DML Meet] The GenI travel bug is done!

From: Jon Steiger (blogger@jonsteiger.com)
Date: Thu Jun 29 2006 - 16:23:21 EDT

   =20 [http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=3D276249]
   3D""-[blo=]
   [Gen1TBba=]-[Gen1TBba=]
   The GenI travel bug is ready to go! :-) = There are a couple of pics
   on the blog, and also on geocaching.com. Just i= n case you can't read
   the back side, it says: "This is the Gen I Dakota Tra= vel Bug; a
   participant in the Dakota Mailing List's 10th Anniversary Travel= Bug
   Race. It is racing from Colorado to New York (against three other
   trav= el bugs), and is representing the Gen I Dakota - those trucks
   built from 19= 87 to 1990. This particular travel bug is based on
   "Christine" - DML'er Tom= Stack's infamous 1989 Dakota 4x4."
   The travel bug was created b= y using a CNC plasma cutter to make the
   outline out of 16 gauge sheet metal= , both sides were primed with
   Rustoleum primer, and the base color of the t= op side was spray
   painted, then the details were hand painted. The text on= the back
   side was created by printing it out, then gluing it in place. Th= e
   final step was to coat both sides with a single pour of a two part
   expoxy= coating called "Glaze Coat", equivalent to 60 coats of
   varnish. Hopefully= it will hold up to the abuse - we'll find out
   sooner or later I guess. :-= ) If I can find some way to make a
   protective plastic sleeve or something = to hold the TB in, I will do
   that just to give it a bit more protection whe= n rattling around
   inside an ammo can with a bunch of other stuff.
   The other travel bugs are being made the same way, so I'll skip the
   des= cription when I post them; they are in various stages of
   completion, but I = think the GenIV will probably be the next to be
   ready. I'll post 'em as I = finish them.
   --
   Posted by Jo= n Steiger to National DML Meet at 6/29/2006 01:55:00 PM=

.
.
| Date: July 15-23, 2006 - More info: http://meet.dakota-truck.net |