Re: Time to hit the reset button on life...

From: Walt@Walt-n-Ingrid.Com
Date: Fri Jun 30 2006 - 11:11:46 EDT

Sorry to hear that Tom, sometimes you just need to step back and reevaluate
things. Anyhow, at this point in time, you don't owe anything on the two
Dakota's right? It won't cost you anything to leave them parked for a while.
That's what I'm doing. I'm so focused on the house lately, I haven't done
anything to my '88 since last fall and at this point, I don't think I will do
anything with it until next summer at the very earliest. It'll come to you in
time.

As for the Ram, while it's a cool truck, it's not very practical for you. If
you do sell it, would you consider selling me the stock 17" rims separately? I
wanted the Off-Road package when I ordered mine but because of the Solar Yellow
paint code, I couldn't get it on my truck. I was thinking about eventually
putting a few inches of suspension lift and getting a set of those rims for
mine. If your interested, we can work something out.

Don't you have a little fuel sipper car? You should just drive that out anyway
and be there with us. I'm not going for the off-roading and it seems like that
really isn't going to be the primary focus of this BBQ. There are plenty of
other things to do and it sounds like only a few people are really planning on
any real off-roading (most of whom will have rentals).

Walt

In article <44A4A823.7080803@aol.com>, SilverEightynine@aol.com (Terrible Tom)
writes:

> I don't much feel like going into details at the moment. But the jist
> of it is for a while now I have been involved in an undertaking above my
> financial and physical abilities. I've been attempting to do a very
> unorthodox V8 conversion on Christine. I have been met with set back
> after set back and it will not be done in time for the national meet. I
> have come to a very hard decision. My obsession with these trucks of
> mine has consumed so much of my life and put me into a position where I
> do not want to be any longer.
>
> Therefor I am putting them all up for sale. Both 1989 trucks and the
> 1995 truck. And the Ram. With the exception of the Ram, they are all
> in non-running condition, and in my opinion still worth restoring. I no
> longer feel the desire to do this myself. I need to re-center myself
> and figure out what I'm going to do with the rest of my life. Up until
> now its been nothing but one fuck up after another.
>
> I need to try and recover as much of what I have spent as possible to
> pay down my debt so I'll entertain any reasonable offers for the trucks
> as whole or in part. I'll see about getting a more complete list
> together of what I have to sell.
>
> As it stands, I'm not sure if I will be attending the national meet.
> The Ram is not a very good choice for a very long road trip, and I'm not
> sure what else I could drive out there. I'm not sure I even feel like
> going because I doubt I'll be able to enjoy myself considering the
> circumstances. Anyway... feel free to email me if you are looking to
> buy anything.
>
> Thanks
> Tom Stack
>
> .
> .
> | Make your plans NOW to attend the National DML Meet in Colorado! |
> | Date: July 15-23, 2006 - More info: http://meet.dakota-truck.net |

.
.
| Date: July 15-23, 2006 - More info: http://meet.dakota-truck.net |