Re: Time to hit the reset button on life...

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Sat Jul 01 2006 - 17:13:04 EDT

  Tom,

  Obviously, nobody but yourself can know the full details of
what is going on, but I really do hope that you will reconsider.
After all the time and planning that has gone into the meet, I
can't imagine that you would enjoy yourself more at home than at
the event. Sure, you might not have your truck there which is
a bummer, but at least YOU will be there! After all the time and
effort you have put into this, it'd be a shame to just admit total
defeat. At the very least, it will be a welcome break from the
same ol' surroundings. You, above anyone else could *really* use a
vacation! One could go even further and say there's a bit of a
silver lining in that driving all those miles in a just completed
truck is a bit risky. There are usually teething problems, and
who knows what setbacks you might have come across thousands of
miles from home with such an untested combo? That is at least a
partial weight off of your shoulders. Wether you ride along with
somebody else or rent a car, at least that nagging "what is going
to break on my truck?" feeling wouldn't be there to weigh you
down the whole time.

  As far as the trucks go, I think its all just a matter of
moderation. You've thrown yourself into them 100% and its only
natural that eventually you would get burned out. However, I don't
think the solution is a radical shift in the exact opposite
direction. I've got to think that as much as they have meant to
you in the past, if you sold them all, you'd soon start to regret
it. Like Walt said, take your time - park the truck if you have
to, pay some bills in the meantime and just work on it as you
have the time. Without the pressure of the meet deadline hanging
over your head, I think you will find that the setbacks and
problems aren't anywhere near as big a deal as they may seem right
now.

  I really hope that you will come to the meet and have a good
time. Hang out with your friends, enjoy the scenery, participate
in some shenanigans, and just generally clear your mind. There's
plenty of time to figure out what you want to do with the trucks
later. I think I speak for the entire DML when I say that if there
is anything we can do to help, please don't hesitate to ask.

--
                                          -Jon-

.- Jon Steiger --- jon@dakota-truck.net or jon@jonsteiger.com -. | 67 Dodge Coronet, 70 Plymouth Barracuda, 76 Peugeot TSA | | 78 Dodge B100, 90 Dodge Dakota Convertible, 92 Dodge Ram 4x4 | | 96 Dodge Dakota, 96 Suzuki Intruder 1400, 96 Kolb FireFly | | 99 Jeep Cherokee 4x4, 01 Dodge Ram 3500 CTD | `--------------------------------- http://www.jonsteiger.com --' . . .------------------------------------------------------------------. | Make your plans NOW to attend the National DML Meet in Colorado! | | Date: July 15-23, 2006 - More info: http://meet.dakota-truck.net | `------------------------------------------------------------------'