RE: SRT-8

From: Pindell, Tim (TPindell@otterbein.edu)
Date: Mon Jul 03 2006 - 10:56:25 EDT

Totally agree. Mopars (that the SRT8 is a Mopar is debatable to some)
have come along way. Incredible performance value for the money, in my
opinion. On paper, the SRT8 makes the M5 or anything AMG look
pretentious, fragile, and over-priced. The spousal-unit and I have been
casually looking for a vehicle to replace her 135k mile Stratus. We
drove a few versions of the 300 including the base model. All were
really REALLY nice cars. We both thought that a Bright Silver Metallic
Hemi C AWD was amazing until we had a chance to sit behind the wheel of
a SRT8. The 6.1 has a Dr. Jekyl-Mr. Hyde quality to it. It was very calm
in traffic, but open the throttle and it's just stupid fast. We both had
a hard time getting our heads around how short of a distance was
required for acceleration to Ludicrous-Speed and back. Almost totally
impractical and un-green, but damn fun! Even with traction and
stability control I have a hard time believing that it would be easy to
drive on slipery surfaces. Strangely, a lower priced SRT8 is not too far
from a loaded AWD Hemi...

Anybody own a 300C? One of my wife's co-workers has a 2005 Hemi C AWD,
and he loves it. Zero problems. I need some adult supervision while
shopping.

.
.
| Date: July 15-23, 2006 - More info: http://meet.dakota-truck.net |