RE: [National DML Meet] On the Road Again!

From: Mr. Plow (adam_is_mr_plow@hotmail.com)
Date: Sat Jul 08 2006 - 10:15:20 EDT

Kinda funny you mention tailpipe meltings...
For the last... oh maybe 2 years i have been without a tailpipe on the
Cherokee.
It sort of got bent around the axle one 'wheelin trip. Anyway, that's not
what i want to talk about.

I had a receiver rack made by a buddy of mine to carry extra junk/equipment
for the multitude of cross country trips i've been taking lately, and for
camping. Well, it has worked great, was fairly snug to the vehicle held a
great amount of fairly heavy stuff, myself included when i jumped up on top
to use as a little step ladder to tie a tarp over the tent.
Anyways, i'm trying to get my Jeep licensed here in Alberta as the insurance
rates are about 1/2 of what i was paying in Ontario. So, i've had to start
bringing it up to "safe road worthiness condition". Yeah, like i would ever
drive an unsafe vehicle!! Sheeshh.......
So, i've gotten a new non-cracked winshield, which incidentally leaked like
a sieve this week while i was camping. <rolleyes> Oh ya, and i just got a
nice chip it in too. This is all like within 10 days of having it
installed... <rolleyes>
As well, i got an entirely new catalytic converter, muffler and tailpipe.
This was more out of necessity since the old ones were so rusted out that
all the fins were broken off and jammed themselves against the rear opening
restricting airflow.
The whole point of the story is here:

When you get someone to do exhaust work, make sure they have the tailpipe
point out to the SIDE of the vehicle, NOT THE BACK!!! so as to not melt the
nice new Rubbermaid Action Packer storage container sitting on your receiver
rack while you cross the country on your 3500 km trip. ;)

And that's my rather lengthy tailpipe melting stuff story...

The Adam Blaster
Two words, figure it out.....

> Forgot to post when we left the house this morning at 4:30AM. At first
> fuel stop right now in Bloomsburg, PA, 254 miles, 12.05mpg @ average
> speed of 70mph. One of the new mudflaps I installed on the back melted
> against the tail pipe, otherwise uneventful 1st leg.
> --
> Posted by Walt Felix to National DML Meet at 7/08/2006 06:25:00 AM

.
.
| Date: July 15-23, 2006 - More info: http://meet.dakota-truck.net |