[National DML Meet] MikeM On His Way!

From: Mr. Mindless (mike-blogger@tepidcola.com)
Date: Wed Jul 12 2006 - 00:58:39 EDT

   =20 Thanks for the blogger invite, Jon.
   I'm spending the night tonig= ht in Morris, IL at a Super 8, and will
   hopefully make Colorado tomorrow. = I'm working in Colorado before and
   after the meet (lucky me! seriously.) s= o I'm on my way now.
   Had a near severe mishap on my way today, r= ight around Forestville I
   was getting off 90 to get fuel, and as I slowed i= t felt like I had a
   low tire. I stopped and got out to look, and my passen= ger front tire
   had loose lug nuts, and the bolt holes had opened up almost = far
   enough to let it walk over the remains of the lug nuts. I'd changed
   my= tires last night since the Iroks are nearly bald (considering all
   the rain= today I'm *so* happy I did), and it seems I didn't get the
   lug nuts tight = enough on that one. BIG oops, but catastrophie
   averted when a local shop h= ad a random spare sitting around, and I
   picked up more lug nuts from the sa= me shop where I got a lot of my
   parts during my SAS.
   I've got a = set of rims in the bed that are going to be shod in new
   rubber as soon as I= get to CO (according to plan) so the mismatched
   all terrain isn't going to= be an issue, and all else has since gone
   smoothly. Almost 1000 miles to g= o tomorrow so hopefully that holds.
   Averaging 75 or so (not incl= uding stops) and getting around 220
   miles to a 17 gallon fill. Rough numbe= rs coming out of memory but I
   can't complain too loudly at ~13MPG. That's = darn good for my truck
   going as fast as I have been.
   Cya all Sat= urday!
   --
   Posted by Mr. Mind= less to National DML Meet at 7/11/2006 10:49:00 PM

.
.
| Date: July 15-23, 2006 - More info: http://meet.dakota-truck.net |