Pressure Test

From: Jamie Calder (jcalder3@cfl.rr.com)
Date: Wed Jul 12 2006 - 10:53:26 EDT

My '96 318 won't go above 2000 rpm. I did a vacuum test and the cat seems
fine. I was about to change the fuel filter but noticed it doesn't have an
inline like my '93.
Does the bed have to be removed to replace the regulator/filter?
Is it part of the pump or can it be replaced independently?
How is a pressure test done on this? Is there a gauge that screws onto the
port on the fuel rail? Is it a dealer tool or auto parts store tool?

Thanks for any tips!

James

.
.