[National DML Meet] 7/12/2006 09:43:30 AM

From: David (noreply-comment@blogger.com)
Date: Wed Jul 12 2006 - 11:43:31 EDT

   =20 Truck Maintenance Issues:
   Found out the old radiator was to= ast. Dropped in a new one. Only
   issue I had was filling it. It took 4 st= ores and 3 different trips
   between Jan and myself to find distilled water. = You'd think with the
   passion Americans have with over priced water in bott= les that this
   would be easy to find...
   Finally located one of my l= ong time electrical gremlins. Turned out
   to be a flaky ground on my keyles= s entry system. The bad news is
   that the wipers now seem to not work at al= l. Before my only issue
   was the delay not working which was just an annoya= nce. My plan is to
   wire a jumper in somewhere to a momentary switch and ho= pe that it
   doesn't rain too much until I have time to track down a better s=
   olution. If it does rain, it'll give Jan something to do :)
   Also disco= vered that the electric fan isn't working. Need to
   investigate if my contr= ol module is just toast, or if it has power
   and ground. My override switch= [manual switch on the AC clutch
   bypass] doesn't work either, so there may = be another patch cord with
   an on/off switch there. Shouldn't matter much t= onight as long as we
   can keep moving.
   Packing. We've got t= he majority of the stuff packed and loaded, with
   more things that still nee= d to go in, and there's not much room to
   put them. I get the feeling that = Jason and Norah are the only ones
   taking more stuff than we are. I wasn't = planning on taking a
   trailer, and you'd think that with a 6.5' bed with a 4= " rise cap
   would be enough space for two people and a quarter pound of bird= .
   Bird and cage ride with some of the overspill in the back of the
   extende= d cab. I really need to duct tape the spare tire to the
   outside somewhere.= A 33 x 12.5 MT eats up a lot of bed space...
   Time to finish lunc= h now.
   David
   --
   Pos= ted by David to National DML Meet at 7/12/2006 09:43:30 AM

.
.
| Date: July 15-23, 2006 - More info: http://meet.dakota-truck.net |