Re: RE: Help needed to find vibration

From: Robert Schultz (not_robert_schultz@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Jul 20 2006 - 14:50:07 EDT

Rick Barnes wrote:
> Could it be the shocks? When you lift the truck and the front end t.drops, it
> allows full travel of the shocks...just a guess..gotta think about that one.
>
> Rascal

I was beginning to wonder about whether it was or maybe the control arm
bushings. The shocks are Bilstein, new last year.

I did have a 'stupid' moment when I installed them. I blame the heat. I
somehow put the bottom washer on top of the bushing, so the was play in
the mount. Drove a few days before the clunking alerted me to the
problem. I suppose it's possible this caused a problem in the shock.

Rob S
.
.
| The National DML Meet is in progress! http://meet.dakota-truck.net |