RE: air

From: Hop * (hopsdak@hotmail.com)
Date: Sat Jul 29 2006 - 13:54:29 EDT

Mine use to not cool at idle when it was really hot.
I changed the orphice tube to a special one made for hotter climates and now
it will freeze you out.

It sounds to me like you might have a small leak in the system and the
compressor is shutting off on the low pressure switch. Try reving it up
with it in park and the hood up. Hold the rpms at 2k and watch the
compressor clutch. If it clicks on and off your low on freon. And my guess
would be that it 's the evaporator core. Mine went out @ 36k and i've seen
several other dakotas with the same problem. Another trick is to spray some
water on the condensor and see if it cools.
--Hop
'97 CC 318 4x4
Houston, Texas
http://dodgetruckworld.tenmagazines.com/mygallery.ten?id=7643