RE: Hard start, stall in reverse???

From: Rick Barnes (rascal@scrtc.com)
Date: Sun Jul 30 2006 - 22:53:18 EDT

Well, the booster problem is this...there is a bolt in the booster that is
supposed to STAY in place, factory adjusted and set, that goes into the
master cylinder when you push the pedal. However, this bolt works its way
loose and begins to back out and takes away the slack in your brake pedal.
It keeps tightening up the brakes as it creeps out and the fluid in the
calipers cannot back off the piston so thus, the brakes begin locking up.
Its always the passenger side first, (I dunno why), but eventually both will
lock up. Its not a vacuum problem, it's a booster bolt problem and
unfortunately, pretty common on our Daks.

As far as the fuel/coil...heck, could be a coil, put a stocker on. We have
all kinds of guys who have problems with the MSD coils for some reason. I
think its Racer Ray that swears by the stock coil, he has tried them all.
Backing up? I wonder if you have a short in a backup light or
something...weird for sure, but a coil is sure easier to replace than a fp.

Just my two cents friend, let us know how it goes.

Rascal