RE: OT: Small engine repair

From: Ray Block (bpracing@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Thu Aug 03 2006 - 05:43:42 EDT

You might try a new plug to eliminate that possibility.

> What about incorrect timing?

Is it even adjustable?

> Low compression?

Isn't that a design "feature" of these little engines? ;-)

Seriously Jon, I've encountered the same symptoms with my chipper/shredder
when I've failed to run out all of the gas at the end of the season. In my
case it was a very small orifice in the carb/float bowl that filled with
varnish or debris. It was very difficult to see that there was even a
passage there but once I found it and ran a small wire through it all was
well. It might take a bright light and a magnifying glass to see it.

My long term solution has been to always run out all of the gas before
winter storage. I've had no problems since.

HTH.
Ray