Re: OT: Small engine repair

From: DAKSY (rsmith13@nycap.rr.com)
Date: Thu Aug 03 2006 - 06:12:11 EDT

Hey, Jon..

<snip>I then fiddled with the two adjustments on the carb
 to try and keep it running. At one point I had it to where it
 would stay running for maybe 20 seconds at a time, at most. Sometimes
 it would take a high throttle setting to keep it running, other times
 it would only run at idle. I pulled the carb off several times
 and played with the float level, etc. to no avail. <snip>

I had a similar problem with an old Homelite chainsaw & it turned out to be
the condenser...Remember them?
It would start, run like a bear for maybe 30 seconds & die right out...

HTH,

Bob (DAKSY) Smith
DAKSY2K on AIM
2K SY Dakota Sport +