RE: OT: Small engine repair

From: Neil W. Bellenger (neil624b@rochester.rr.com)
Date: Thu Aug 03 2006 - 08:13:07 EDT

So far you have gotten good advice from Ray and Bob.
This sounds too simple to overlook, when the gas line is pulled off the
carb, does gas come out? If the engine has a sediment bowl, take it apart
and clean it good as well as checking for varnish or gunk in the fuel
shut-off if there is one.
Tecumseh engines from this time period were my least favorite, I'd put them
at the bottom of the longevity and quality list.